Henri Giraud Fut de Chene Multi-Vintage (2014 base vintage) M.V.

RegionChampagne
SubregionChampagne
ColourWhite
TypeSparkling


See all vintages of this wine



See all wines by Henri Giraud

Colour Region Vintage Wine Size Cs Bts GBP
Price
Per Score Help
ChampagneM.V.Henri Giraud Fut de Chene Multi-Vintage (2014 base vintage)BT961,188.00cs96 YCAdd to Basket
ChampagneM.V.Henri Giraud Fut de Chene Multi-Vintage (2014 base vintage)MG231,200.00cs96 YCAdd to Basket
All prices exclude UK duty & VAT and all wines are offered subject to remaining unsold. E&OE.

Tasting Notes

70% of the blend in this release is the 2014 vintage, with the remaining 30% from a solera dating back to 1990. A pale straw colour in the glass, the nose here is still quite tight and subdued, but with air there is a hint of toasty brioche and some earthy, dried fruit complexity. Taut and mineral on entry, there is bright acidity to cut through the fine mousse. The savoury character builds through the back end, with a light nuttiness and buttery stone fruit coming through. This is still youthful, with a long, complex finish.

Score: 17+Farr Vintners, Farr Tasting, September 2019

Composed of 75% Pinot Noir and 25% Chardonnay, with most wines from the 2014 vintage, this is very complex on the nose, with delicate notes of spring flowers joined by elegantly toasted, smoky, woody touches. It's a wine very much marked by the house style but which remains vinous and precise, vertical and dense. A gastronomic Champagne.

Score: 96Yohan Castaing, Decanter.com, November 2019

Please note that these tasting notes/scores are not intended to be exhaustive and in some cases they may not be the most recently published figures. However, we always do our best to add latest scores and reviews when these come to our attention. We advise customers who wish to purchase wines based simply on critical reviews to carry out further research into the latest reports.