Farr Vintners Logo

Angludet 2022

Subregion France > Bordeaux > Left Bank > Margaux
Grape VarietyCabernet Sauvignon/Merlot

Château Angludet has belonged to the Sichel family since 1961 and is now run by Benjamin Sichel. The 30 hectares of vines are planted in one contiguous block, farmed biodynamically for over 20 years. The vineyard is planted with 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 41% Merlot and 13% Petit Verdot, producing around 100,000 bottles a year.

The 2022 blend is 47% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 13% Petit Verdot with 35% of the production being aged in amphora. The other 65% in oak - 30% new.

View all vintages of this wine | View all wines by Château Angludet


Tasting Notes

Quite a deep purple colour. Peppery and a little hard to read with a touch of reduction from this sample, there is concentrated cassis fruit on the palate. This is oily and dense, with a chalky tannic structure that becomes more prominent towards the finish. This is an ambitious effort, though it feels a little heavy and ripe - as many can in this vintage.

Thomas Parker MW, Farr Vintners, April 2023

The intensity of the violet-edged colour extraction is pretty remarkable in the Médoc, and this manages to get the balance right between intensity and appeal, alongside vibrant raspberry, brushed damson and bilberry fruit, given lift by pomegranate and and passion fruit, and a curl of smoked earth. One to look out for, should be great value. 35% amphoras, 65% barrels for ageing.

Jane Anson, JaneAnson.com, May 2023
Please note that these tasting notes/scores are not intended to be exhaustive and in some cases they may not be the most recently published figures. However, we always do our best to add latest scores and reviews when these come to our attention. We advise customers who wish to purchase wines based simply on critical reviews to carry out further research into the latest reports.