NEW ADDITIONS & FURTHER REDUCTIONS
We are delighted to release an update of our Summer Sale. Since the Sale started, many wines have sold out so we have now added many new lines. These appear here, in the Sale section of our website and are marked ‘ADDED TO SALE’. There are also wines that have not yet sold in the Sale that have been reduced even more – these will appear as ‘FURTHER REDUCED’.
Selling well but still available for the moment are two wines which we can wholeheartedly recommend. It is fair to say that 2011 Le Tertre Rôteboeuf transcends the vintage – it is a truly exceptional wine and is now available for £960. Another excellent wine at a great price to draw your attention to is the 2014 Prestige Rouge, Puech-Haut. This Rhône lookalike is now just £99 per dozen bottles. A bargain for a wine described by the Wine Advocate as “…full-bodied, sexy, layered…a hedonistic style that’s just hard to resist.”
Other gems include:
- The last few cases of 2012 Montlandrie from Denis Durantou were already great value even before this 10% discount. Reduced to clear at £125 per dozen bottles, this “…dense wine for the price…” is, according to Tim Atkin MW, “…not a bad alternative…” assuming you can’t afford Denis’ Grand Vin, L’Eglise Clinet.
- The 2015 vintage of Il Poggione’s Rosso di Montalcino – a really delicious wine that is ready to drink now and just £125 per case in bond down from £145. This punches well above its weight.
- If you like 2005, large formats and Pauillac, then look no further than 2005 Château Batailley. This was given 94 points by Neal Martin and we have it in a Nebuchadnezzar (15 litre) at £1025 and a monstrously large Melchior (18 litre) at £1200. Both discounted and in stock.
- A “…very decadent and rich…” wine which James Suckling describes as having “…strength in finesse…” – 2012 Barolo Bricco Fiasco, Azelia is now just £395 per dozen bottles which isn’t much money for a 95 point wine from an excellent vintage.
- A wine given 96 points by a usually very reserved critic is the 2008 Barolo Ciabot Mentin Ginestra from Domenico Clerico. Not only is this from an excellent vintage but it is also from a very well respected producer. This is now £425 per dozen in bond – a discount of over 20%.
- A 24 year-old Rioja from the great CVNE bodega, the 1994 Vina Real Gran Reserva has 15% off and is £550 per dozen bottles.
- According to Parker, the 2014 Pinot Noir Zio Tony Ranch, Martinelli is “…another big-time winner…” that has “…multi-dimensional mouthfeel and a terrific finish of close to 40+ seconds.” With 95+ points from the man himself, £580 per dozen seems very reasonable.
- The 2009 Barbaresco Santo Stefano from the legendary Bruno Giacosa is “…elegant and penetrating…” according to Stephen Tanzer and now has just under 14% off – available for £675 per dozen.
- We have an original case of 12 bottles of the Parker-perfect 2009 Hermitage Rouge, Chave. Parker believes that this 2009 “…may turn out to be a modern day version of their magnificent 1990.” This case has US back labels and is therefore discounted by £325 per dozen to £3075 per 12.
All prices are in bond, excluding UK duty, VAT and delivery
Our usual minimum order of £500 has been reduced to £300 for this offer only
To view the full list of the sale, please click here